The beauty of this practice lies in its simplicity, the flexibility and flow it develops inside you, and the speed with which it opens and releases your neck, shoulders, arms, hips, legs and spine whilst smoothing and strengthening your energy.
This stems from its not accessing as deeply inside the body and its energy as “Internal Strength & Awareness Practices”. You access a more superficial level of smooth integrated movement and energy much more quickly and easily. This is not to say that it is not powerful or effective. You are taught to work with what acupuncturists regard as the most powerful meridian system in the body (the 8 extra meridians), to the extent that in China it has been used as an effective adjunct in cancer therapy.
This practice is a good case of a relatively low investment yielding a very high return. If you are looking for one practice to boost your energy and health without too many complications then this set is the one for you.
Students report it to be very helpful with chronic conditions such as arthritis, repetitive strain injury, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue, as well as greatly increasing your balance, flexibility, and flow.
This practice is particularly beneficial if:
- You work long hours with computers;
- You want to take it relatively easy rather than try to over-achieve as usual;
- You’ve been relatively inactive for a fairly long period of time &/or your energy is low, even chronically low;
- You have done a lot of very demanding sporting activity requiring you to heavily build &/or tense your muscles;
- You are naturally a little stiff;
- You have phantom limb pain;
- You suffer from chronic conditions such as arthritis or repetitive strain injury;
- You are undergoing treatment for cancer;
- You are a yoga practitioner, as this movement set complements yoga very well;